Border Collie Original Art
Personalised prints for border collie lovers
This print combines hand-drawn letters with illustration. Each one is individually hand-printed on my press in a soft blue ink (inspired by the skies of the Border Country), and signed.
Choose your print:
Unframed / No Mount - Worldwide Shipping
- Fits a standard 12" x 12" frame (or with a little trimming a 30 x 30 cm frame). A box style frame is best (with no mount) as it will keep the print away from the glass
- Ships with a backing board and cellophane wrapped
- Paper Size: 12" x 12"
Unframed With Mount - UK addresses only
- Fits a standard 40 x 40 cm frame
- Ships with an off-white, acid-free mount and conservation grade backing board in a cellophane bag
- Mount size: 40 x 40 cm
Framed - UK addresses only
- Hand-made, reclaimed solid wood vintage style frame with its own pattern of knots, dinks, scratches, nail holes, wonky edges and aged patina
- Hand-painted in Old White then lightly distressed and finished with clear wax
- No mount (print is recessed from the glass)
- Frame is approximately 35 cms square. Fitted with crystal clear acrylic ‘glass’ and ready to hang
Personalise your print
You can personalise your Dog Tag print with a hand written dedication (up to 10 words).
This is written in pencil, below the dog tag image and above the signature (like the example in the picture for Benson the Labrador).
Choose this option and enter your own words at the checkout, if required.
About Border Collies
The Border Collie was originally called the Scotch Sheep Dog. “Rough” or “Smooth” coated, they originated in Northumberland along the borders of Scotland and England, and are said to descend from dogs used by the Vikings to herd reindeer and the old British droving breeds, with a bit of spaniel added. A relentless desire to herd (be it sheep, cattle, children or cars) with a crouching pose and mesmerizing stare is characteristic of the Border Collie at work.
Top of the list of neuropsychologist Stanley Coren’s “The Intelligence of Dogs”, the Border Collie is known for its amazing wisdom, understanding and intuition. There are many tales of a Border Collie’s uncanny ability to foresee their owners’ needs and know when something is wrong. An intense desire to work and incredible stamina are the hallmarks of this smart and savvy breed. If they are not given a job to do they will just invent one for themselves (and then get it done - brilliantly)!