Portuguese Water Dog Original Art
Personalised prints for Portuguese water dog lovers
This print combines hand-drawn letters with illustration. Each one is individually hand-printed on my press in a deep sea green ink, and signed.
Choose your print:
Unframed / No Mount - Worldwide Shipping
- Fits a standard 12" x 12" frame (or with a little trimming a 30 x 30 cm frame). A box style frame is best (with no mount) as it will keep the print away from the glass
- Ships with a backing board and cellophane wrapped
- Paper Size: 12" x 12"
Unframed With Mount - UK addresses only
- Fits a standard 40 x 40 cm frame
- Ships with an off-white, acid-free mount and conservation grade backing board in a cellophane bag
- Mount size: 40 x 40 cm
Framed - UK addresses only
- Solid oak wood frame with mount
- Frame is 43.5 cms square.
- Fitted with crystal clear acrylic ‘glass’ and ready to hang
Personalise your print
You can personalise your Dog Tag print with a hand written dedication (up to 10 words).
This is written in pencil, below the dog tag image and above the signature (like the example in the picture for Benson the Labrador).
Choose this option and enter your own words at the checkout, if required.
About Portuguese Water Dogs
As I have a Portuguese Water Dog these fantastic dogs are very close to my heart!
They are intelligent, strong, energetic, sensitive and affectionate. Historically a seafaring dog, the “Portie” worked alongside Portuguese sailors for centuries, earning his share of each day's catch of saltwater codfish.
Porties worked tirelessly, swimming to retrieve broken nets, diving to herd schools of fish, and acting as a barking foghorn. They also carried messages between boats, and to shore and acted as guard dogs, protecting the sailors' fishing trawlers and their homes.
One important job was to prevent gulls from landing on the boat and stealing the catch. My Portuguese Water Dog (Figo) does his best to prevent birds landing in our garden - I wonder if he thinks he is protecting our ‘catch’?